BUILDINTEREST: The role of financing platforms in improving the dialogue between finance and construction sector, the 1st edition of the BUILDINTEREST Roadshow, brought to MAST, Bologna, solutions and tools for the unlocking of the building renovation market in front of more than 100 participants on 15 February 2018. The event saw the contributions of 17 speakers, more than half of which international, some of them representatives from the UNEP FI, BPIE, EEFIG, OpenExp.
During the day the three BUILDINTEREST financial platforms, BUILD LAB, EuroQuity and Green BuildInvest Initiative, presented themselves in front of international and local audience, highlighting the work done during the project, the national specificities influencing the objectives and methods used and the way forward to involve all respective stakeholders, from the supply chains to the final results.
The event also stressed on the potential of financial platforms, as meeting places to facilitate dialogue between the construction and finance sector, providing cooperation “beyond the conference’s coffee” and shaping a framework of policies and actions at national and European level that can support the growth of the renovation market:
- A more substantial use of European funding to lower redevelopment costs
- Standardisation procedures for more financially attractive renovation projects
- A strong public sector able to dictate the permissible projects and raising the quality bar
- Innovative financial schemes and valuation incentives, making the ownership and management of energy-efficient buildings even cheaper
Regional Minister, Palma Costi, opening the afternoon session, had emphasized on the support financial platforms, such as the BUILD LAB, can provide to drive change, starting from a better use of public resources and providing leverage tools for investments in energy efficient and sustainable construction by individuals.
Be sure to check out the video recordings of the presentations on our YouTube channel.
- Martin Schoenberg, Mainstreaming Energy Efficiency Investment to the real estate Paris agreement – Impact on the national energy efficiency markets
- Roel van der Veen, BUILDINTEREST. The role of financing platforms in improving the dialogue between finance and construction
- Teresa Bagnoli, BUILD LAB: The Financing Platform in Emilia-Romagna. The identity of a “public-led” platform that addresses both public and market needs
- Yamina Saheb, Impacts of the Clean Energy Package on the Italian Energy Renovation Market
- Bert Deen, Sustainability and Valuations
- Esther Ruijvoorn, Green BuildInvest Initiative. Dutch platform on financing of EE measures
- Gilles Le Cocguen, BuildInterest French Financing platform
- Marco Marcatili and Adelaide Mondo, Testimonials of Italian pilot projects developed through BUILD LAB
- Mariangiola Fabbri, EEFIG Underwriting Toolkit
- Peter Sweatman, What’s next? What’s the future role of financing platforms?